With the flowers starting to bloom (in other parts of Canada) and with the weather starting the warm up, it’s time for weekly Green Bin collection to resume!
In Bow Meadows, Green Bin collection resumes weekly on April 10th, 2023! Bow Meadows Green Bin pick up day is Fridays!
What goes in the green bin?
- Food and food scraps: if you can eat it, you can toss it in your green cart!
- Food-soiled paper: any paper goods that touched food!
- Natural fibers like nail clippings, toothpicks, wooden chopsticks, cotton balls and lint.
- Pet products like kitty litter, pet fur, feathers and pet waste (in compostable bags only)
- Plant material
- make sure any bags put in the green bin have a certified compost label on them before putting them in your bin.
- Check cochrane.ca/Organics for the full list.
The following are NOT accepted: aluminum, bricks or stones, ceramics, cigarette butts/ashes, clothing, diapers, garbage, glass, glossy paper, hazardous waste, lumber, medical waste, metal, plastic bags or containers, plastic straws, plastic wine corks or styrofoam.
Pick Up Requirements
Black, blue and green carts are collected on your scheduled collection days between 7am and 7pm. In order for your cart to be collected it must;
- be rolled out by 7am;
- have 1 metre perimeter of space around each;
- have the lid closed; and
- be free of contamination (items in the wrong cart).